Wednesday, October 15, 2014

blue jean baby {dl 1961}


While I live in jeans pretty much year round, there's something about picking up a few new pairs for fall that still gets me excited. Don't get me wrong, I love a pair that's been broken in, year after year, (still have a pair from high school that I *kinda* fit into) but I'm always amazed at how fast evolving and innovative the jean industry can really be with new fits, new stretch and new sculpting capabilities. Really, it's funny to think that something as time-honored and as classic as the all American blue jean seems to reinvent itself time and again. 

So naturally, when DL 1961 asked me to try out their new smart denim technology, I was definitely curious. Denim is such a huge part of my life, but I demand a lot out of a good pair. On any given day, I'm usually running (or biking) to meetings across campus, helping style on set at shoots or simply need to look that certain polished but undone Silicon Valley chic. My jeans need to stand up to the challenge. And this pair? I think it's won me over. Comfortable stretch, without losing that substantial denim feel, just the right amount of give where I need it and a great overall slimming effect. Oh, and well, I like to think they make my butt look good too, so there's that.... :) 

Have you guys tried out their smart denim technology yet? Would love to hear what you think!

This post was in collaboration with DL 1961. As always, all opinions and styling are my own. Thank you for supporting posts that keep This Time Tomorrow's doors open!

20 comments:

  1. Love this look!

    http://www.nytrendymoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jeans do look lovely on you :) I really like that jacket paired with the grey tee too, such a nice casual outfit :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many pairs of denim - I swear I wear jeans or cutoffs more days than not. I definitely don't flinch when dropping hundreds on a pair of jeans; I'll wear them for years and years until they're dead.

    Loving that jacket, your necklace and the colour of that denim!

    www.lioninthewild.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denim is always such a hard item to find but once you find the right fit they are literally like heaven! xx

    www.getup-goblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic jacket! So boho chic!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quintessentially chic fall look.

    http://www.eyelikefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice look ;-)

    xoxo

    i invite to me too
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect causal outfit and so in love with the jacket, which really adds a special touch to the whole look! <3
    www.vogueetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried them, but would love to, as being tall makes it hard to find jeans that have the correct rise. Since I live in Norway, it won't be possible to try out, though. Buhu! On another note, great outfit. I love the Marant jacket and still shed tears over the pink one I didn't purchase at 70 % off two years ago. I just didn't feel right about spending that kind of money that month, but I have regretted it ever since...

    http://tallgirlsfashion.no

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, love the jacket and the boots!

    Steffi

    http://veja-du.de/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous look - love the jacket!

    http://www.MartasFashionDiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit! Looks so comfortable and chic!

    www.kristajacobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the boots! I have some just like that and now I want to wear them!! gorge
    francesca

    Frank Vinyl

    ReplyDelete
  14. In love with this jacket! It compliments the boots so well!

    www.bluelabelsboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This entire look is rockin' but i'm in love with that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing!!!!!!!love everything about it
    beauty!!!



    www.robecart.com

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics